Human Resources Advisor
Location: Prince George, BC
Closing Date: October 18, 2013
The Human Resources Advisor is part of the team responsible for driving the people dimension of Canfor’s strategy - enabling alignment of people strategy to business strategy, driving improvements in our diverse and high quality workforce and managing overall return on our investment in our workforce. This role will participate within Canfor’s Corporate Human Resources team and is responsible for the administration and coordination of human resources activities throughout the operation.
- Pulp hourly recruitment for the 3 Canfor pulp mills - including trades
- Turnaround hiring for pulp
- Training system support
- Tracking and reporting recruitment indicators
- Career Fair attendance and organization
- Support for other team members
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- A high degree of personal motivation and the drive to exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to provide leadership in non-reporting relationships
- Proven ability to work as a team player
- Effective communicator with strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Three to five years of related Human Resources experience
- Proficiency with computers including the Microsoft Office suite.
Preference will be given for those with, or working towards a Diploma or Degree in Human Resources Management, a Certified Human Resources Professional designation or post-secondary education in management.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes by 4:00 pm Friday October 18th, 2013 to the following:
Manager, Workforce Planning
Canfor – Human Resources