Maintenance Mechanical Engineer
Location: Taylor Pulp, Taylor, BC
Closing Date: February 21, 2014
This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be a team member of Taylor Pulp Maintenance Department. This position will contribute technical support and planning to the maintenance department consisting of analysis and implementation of opportunities for improving productivity, quality and profitability.
Operating in an environment committed to safe and environmentally responsible practices, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to the Maintenance and Production Departments.
The incumbent will evaluate equipment problems and failures to determine “root cause” with the goal of eliminating future failures by implementing long term corrective measures. These measures include equipment modifications and repairs, preventative maintenance measures, training and standards reviews. You will also manage all facets of new construction including major maintenance and capital projects.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- A mechanical engineering degree.
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as the flexibility to handle constantly changing work priorities are essential as is computer proficiency.
- Self motivated with excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Well developed people and team building skills
- Computer skills, solid written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum five years experience in an industrial operating environment, preferably in the pulp and paper sector.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes by 4:00 pm Friday, Feb 21, 2014 to the following:
Canfor – Taylor Pulp
Fax: 250 789 3089