Maintenance Planner/Supervisor - Planer
Location: Houston, BC
Closing Date: Open until filled
You will be accountable to the Maintenance Superintendent for establishing and maintaining effective corrective, preventative, predictive and reparative maintenance programs and to maximize equipment uptime in the most cost-effective manner. As part of your duties, you will work closely with the Purchaser in all aspects of material purchasing, maintaining critical spare parts, operational and mechanical supplies. You will also be responsible for Supervision of maintenance employees; ensuring work is performed without undue risk and in compliance with all safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Schedule and organize parts, supplies, and manpower for the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems in the Planer, Kilns and Shipping.
- Maintain and establish service contracts for major equipment, including preventative maintenance schedules
- Utilize the Synergen system to its fullest capabilities as it applies to maintenance planning.
- Plan and coordinate down days and shutdown maintenance
- Work closely with production and maintenance area owners and team leaders
- Plan and manage a maintenance budget with the assistance of the Maintenance Superintendent, Purchaser, the Accounting department, and Production Superintendent.
- Generate work requests for Purchasing to package parts for jobs.
- Supervise within the framework of a Continuous Improvement culture, providing leadership in safety, quality, cost, delivery, and employee engagement
- Provide direction and support to reports and foster a highly effective working relationship with all employees
- Coordinate the planned work of crews to maximize performance
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Journeyman certification as a Millwright or Electrician or relevant experience
- 3 years or more of maintenance planning and/or Supervisor experience
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office and Project
- Proficiency in Synergen or other CMMS
Preference may be given to those with experience in:
- Work Order systems development
Interested applicants should submit their resumes, to the following:
Human Resources Manager
Canfor – Houston
This posting will remain open until filled.