Location: Canal Flats, BC
The Maintenance Supervisor is a key member of the Maintenance Team and as such, is responsible for the supervision of maintenance crews and to ensure work is performed without undue risk. The focus will be on coaching/developing employees to achieve cost effective results in accordance with safety procedures, as well as constructively directing them to optimize their performance.
As a member of the Canal team you will:
- Provide direction and support to reports and foster a highly effective working relationship with all employees
- Assist in developing and achieving targets in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Supervise and provide leadership in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Ensure the Canfor Operating System (COS) is being followed with the emphasis on abnormality response
- Ensure that all employee under their direction receive proper training and instruction and that all work is performed safely
- Ensure the preventative maintenance program is developed and followed and that cost targets are within budget.
- Coordinate the planned work of crews to ensure both maintenance and production targets are met and quality standards are adhered to
- Maintain high standards of work performance and correct behaviour as required
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Proven experience as a Supervisor in industry
- Background in industry and substantial maintenance experience
- Proven leadership skills coupled with ability to effectively manage people in a team environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of a electronic based maintenance program would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills with the desire to accept the challenge of working in continually changing internal and external business conditions
- An interprovincial trade qualification would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to the following:
Human Resources Manager