Location: Plateau (Vanderhoof, BC)
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be a member of the Plant Maintenance Team and as such is responsible for the safety, supervision, organization, and training of maintenance crews and/or planning of weekend projects. The focus will be on coaching and developing employees to achieve cost effective results in accordance with safety procedures and Canfor Operating System principles as well as constructively directing them to optimize departmental performance.
- Facilitate and promote a safe and positive working environment for all employees.
- Provide leadership in safe work performance and quality workmanship.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager on maintaining effective cost control programs.
- Coach, train, and support team members to attain optimum results.
- Ensure full compliance with safety and environmental permits, applicable government regulations, and corporate policies.
- Direction and supervision of maintenance activities in all areas of the plant.
- Supervise in accordance with Canfor Operating System principles.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Exceptional safe working habits and good working knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Consideration will be given to those with current trade qualification.
Position open until filled; interested applicants should submit their resumes to the following:
Human Resources Manager
Canfor - Plateau
Fax: (250) 567-3911