Maintenance Supervisor Location: Vanderhoof, BC Closing Date: March 21, 2014
This is a permanent position and the successful candidate will be a member of the Plant Maintenance Team and as such is responsible for the safety, supervision, organization, and training of maintenance crews and/or planning of weekend projects. The focus will be on coaching and developing employees to achieve cost effective results in accordance with safety procedures and Canfor Operating System principles as well as constructively directing them to optimize departmental performance.
- Facilitate and promote a safe and positive working environment for all employees.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Safety and Environmental policies and applicable government regulations.
- Coordinate, direct and supervise the planned work of personnel to maximize performance.
- Supervise in accordance with Canfor Operating System principles
- Provide leadership in safe work performance and quality workmanship.
- Coach, train, and support team members to attain optimum results.
- Work with the Maintenance Superintendent on maintaining effective cost control programs.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- A strong commitment to safety.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage employees in a team environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional safe working habits and a good knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Candidate should possess an interprovincial trade qualification as well as previous industrial Supervisory experience.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes by 4:00 pm March 21, 2014 to: John Weese Human Resources Manager Canfor – Plateau Fax: (250) 567-3911 Email: John.Weese@Canfor.com