Location: Vanderhoof, BC
Closing Date: Open until filled
Reporting to the Finishing Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading a team to achieve and exceed key performance indicator (KPI) targets in safety, quality, cost control, delivery and employee engagement. The successful candidate will accomplish these team goals while ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and company policy.
- Maintain the highest standards with respect to safety at all times, leading by example and ensuring the team follows all policies, procedures, practices and Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Address unsafe conditions as required.
- Identify opportunities to improve and look for opportunities to reduce cost, while safely meeting production targets. Ensure timely action is taken when targets are not met.
- Coach, train and support team members to maximize performance.
- Foster a culture of open communication with employees in all departments and at all levels.
- Engage all employees to provide valuable input into work processes and systems.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through implementation and sustainment of Canfor Operating System principles.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Previous Planer experience would be a definite asset.
- Safe work habits and a working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of web-based computer applications and Microsoft Office.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Preference may be given to candidates with wood products manufacturing and/or supervisory experience.
Interested applicants should submit their resumes to the following:
Human Resources Manager
Canfor – Plateau
We thank all applicants for their interest in Canfor; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.