Quality Control - CO-OP OPPORTUNITY
CO-OP Details: Intermediate or Senior 2nd or 3rd year (4 or 8 month term)
Location: Elko Sawmill, British Columbia
This is a developmental role which will be reporting to the Quality Control Supervisor. The successful candidate will help maximize profit and efficiencies by optimizing production standards to meet customer requirements. In addition you will direct improvement initiatives to raise quality awareness and training for all levels of the organization.
The position will report directly to the Quality Control Supervisor.
- Develop and improve management systems to exceed customer expectations and optimize grade outturn and profitability
- Analyze planer lumber grader optimizer decision process
- Ensure the regular monitoring and tracking of machine center performance
- Kiln opportunities and studies
- Engage employees and foster a culture of continuous improvement through implementation and sustainment of the Lean Sigma principals
- Must be a self motivated individual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Computer skills, with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well developed people and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Lumber Grading ticket would be an asset
Location – Elko, BC
Elko is located at the junction of Highway 93 and Crowsnest Highway 3, to the north of the Roosville Canadian-USA border crossing. Elko is situated in a narrow valley in the rugged Canadian Rocky Mountains, in the heart of southeast British Columbia. The community has lots of natural beauty because it is situated on a high plateau at the base of the Rocky Mountain range. Elko overlooks the beautiful Rocky Mountain Trench to our west and we are at the beginning of the famous Elk Valley, with the ski area of Fernie only 20 minutes to the east. Elko is a town of friendly people in a community that says, "Welcome."
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package includes core medical coverage. Depending on location may include housing, moving, travel expenses.
- Co-op fees covered and paid for by Canfor
Fax: (250) 962-3251