Quality Control - CO-OP OPPORTUNITY
CO-OP Details: Intermediate or Senior 2nd or 3rd year (4 or 8 month term)
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
This is a developmental role which will be reporting to the Quality Control Supervisor. The successful candidate will help maximize profit and efficiencies by optimizing production standards to meet customer requirements. In addition you will direct improvement initiatives to raise quality awareness and training for all levels of the organization.
The position will report directly to the Quality Control Supervisor.
- Develop and improve management systems to exceed customer expectations and optimize grade outturn and profitability
- Analyze planer lumber grader optimizer decision process
- Ensure the regular monitoring and tracking of machine center performance
- Kiln opportunities and studies
- Engage employees and foster a culture of continuous improvement through implementation and sustainment of the Lean Sigma principals
- Must be a self motivated individual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Computer skills, with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Well developed people and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Lumber Grading ticket would be an asset
Location – Grande Prairie, AB
Grande Prairie is a city in the northwestern part of the province of Alberta in Western Canada. It is located on the southern edge of the Peace River Country (part of the Peace Region or simply "The Peace", as is often locally known, which encompasses much of northwestern Alberta and northeastern British Columbia). Grande Prairie is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and has a population of 55,032. The city has a number of parks, golf courses and excellent bike trails. The foothills south of Grande Prairie and around Grande Cache are popular year-round for hiking in the summer and for snowmobiling and other winter sports in the winter. Cultural venues include a concert hall, museum, bookstore, and a professional musical theatre company.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package includes core medical coverage. Depending on location may include housing, moving, travel expenses.
- Co-op fees covered and paid for by Canfor
Fax: (250) 962-3251