Human Resources Administrative Assistant
(Student Opportunity - 4 or 8 month term)
Location: Prince George, BC (Canfor Administration Center)
Start Date: January, 2014
When you work at Canfor you work with people who have a passion for excellence. Our obsession with finding better ways to do things creates an exhilarating work environment with tremendous growth opportunities.
Learn more at www.canfor.com
The Student’s focus areas are Human Resources support and Administrative Department assistance. This position requires well established organizational skills, a high level of motivation and energy, excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a fast paced team environment. Depending on the successful candidates’ skills and interests, the ability to tailor and grow the responsibilities of the position may be available.
Skills You'll Learn:
- Health & Safety awareness and recognition;
- Presentation and communication skills;
- Strategy development, analytical techniques and root cause analysis;
- Knowledge in the areas of Human Resources, labour relations and business acumen;
- Working in a team environment.
Location - Prince George, BC:
Known as BC's northern capital, Prince George is a bustling city located on the traditional territory of the Lheidli T'enneh with a population of approximately 76,000 situated at the crossroads of Highway 97 (north-south) and Highway 16 (east-west), and at the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako Rivers. As a major city of the Pacific Rim, Prince George is firmly tied to the global market. The City of Prince George is a vibrant, active and diverse community that provides a strong focal point and identity to the north, with a thriving economy that offers full opportunities for housing, employment, education, recreation and the cultural life of residents. Prince George is a community that is known for opening its doors and showing our visitors the beauty and magic of the north.
Responsibilities / Duties:
The position will report directly to the Manager, Workforce Planning:
- Provide HR support for the Regional and Corporate HR Managers
- Assist with recruitment and training processes
- Arranging flights and hotels and maintain schedules
- Administrative support for the Regional and Corporate HR Managers
- Assist with maintaining grievance and employee records
- Participate in HR initiatives & other team projects
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate will bring the following experience and expertise:
- Safe work habits and a working knowledge of Worksafe BC OH&S regulations
- Proficient with PC hardware, software, networking and Microsoft Windows
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Self-starter, highly motivated and a strong team player
- Good communication skills with a focus on customer delivery
- Ability to meet deadlines and flexibility with work schedule are required
Eligibility/ Education Requirements:
- Currently enrolled or have graduated with a degree or diploma within the last year from a post-secondary Human Resources Management program or related field.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary - $18-24/hour depending on year of study and experience.
- Benefits package includes core medical coverage. Depending on location may include housing, moving, travel expenses.
- If applicable, Co-op fees will be paid for by Canfor
Interested applicants should submit their resume to the following:
Canfor, Human Resources
Fax: (250) 962-3240