Objectives & Targets for 2017 — Canfor Pulp
- Achieve an overall certified fibre supply level of 85%.
- Achieve 1 million MWh of generation for 2017.
- Develop a new condensing turbine at Northwood to increase the electrical energy generation by 10 MWh/h for sale into the BC electrical grid.
- Optimize hot/warm water system to reduce water consumption by 450 million litres of water.
- Implement 6th stage bleach cleaner project to reduce fibre losses by 0.8 ADt/day.
- Meet the company-wide medical incident rate of 2.0 or lower.
Community and People
- Promote success of First Nations candidates by providing 200 individuals with resume and career advice through career fairs and other conversations, including up to 50 over four years through a partnership with the Prince George Nechako Aboriginal Employment and Training Association.
- Raise awareness of career opportunities for First Nations people through 12 speaking engagements, two facility tours and one employment forum annually.
- Expand partnerships with First Nations through activities coordinated through a company-wide First Nations Working Group.
- Continue to enhance the new skills development and training program to facilitate effective and safe performance of tasks.
- Contribute to integration of new US operations into Canfor through expanded employee communications and community outreach.
- Design and implement enhanced recruitment processes to attract and retain more diverse candidates, including a specific focus on women across the company and First Nations candidates in our Canadian operations.
- Expand focus on workforce diversity within development programs, including expanded focus on inclusive leadership in Canfor College leadership development programs.