Objectives & Targets for 2016 — Canfor Pulp
- Combine FSC and PEFC certification audits in 2016.
- Achieve an overall certified fibre supply level of 83%.
- Convert mechanical steam drives on the pulp machine and white water system to high efficiency electrical drives at the Intercon mill to increase power generation by 2 MW.
- Increase renewable energy generation to 1 million MWh.
- Reduced natural gas consumption for boiler operations by 10% from 2015 levels.
- Implement Oxygen Delignification at the Intercon Mill to reduce AOX discharge in mill effluent.
- Implement new sludge press technology at the Taylor Mill to reduce moisture level in effluent solids to facilitate land application and provide other disposal alternatives.
- Meet the company-wide medical incident rate of 2.0 or lower.
Community and People
- Implement a First Nations recruitment and selection process to identify and support potential First Nations’ candidates.
- Expand partnerships with First Nations through activities coordinated through a company-wide First Nations Working Group.
- Expand high school and post-secondary partnerships that focus on supporting First Nations students.
- Host community events in all of our operating communities.
- Establish high school scholarships for forestry and trades related studies in all of our operating communities.
- Continue to enhance the new skills development and training program to facilitate effective and safe performance of tasks.