Objectives and Targets for 2015: Canfor Pulp
- Incorporate the Taylor Mill into Canfor Pulp’s Multi-site FSC Controlled Wood Chain-of-Custody Certification.
- Achieve an overall certified fibre supply level of 82%.
- Identify thermal energy savings opportunities from pulp manufacturing to achieve a 5% reduction at our Northwood facility.
- Increase renewable energy generation to 1 million MWh.
- Start the new 32-MW turbine-generator at the Intercontinental mill in Q1.
- Reduce water consumption by 5% per unit of pulp produced at each mill.
- Identify specific opportunities to reduce solid waste through ash reduction in biomass boiler operations and fibre loss reductions in the pulping processes.
- Meet the company-wide medical incident rate of 2.0 or lower.
- Expand partnerships with First Nations through activities coordinated through a company-wide First Nations Working Group.
- Host community events in all of our operating communities.
- Meet with mayor of each operating community.
- Establish high school scholarships for forestry and trades related studies in all of our operating communities.
- Support the 2015 Canada Winter Games for our north central BC communities, including a program for high school students.
- Continue to enhance the new skills development and training program to facilitate effective and safe performance of tasks.